Your information is very important to us and we look after your information carefully in line with data protection and privacy laws. We’ve set out below more detail on what information we collect about you and how we use that information.
Please do read this policy and our policy on cookies carefully so you know what we are doing with your information.
Who are we?
Any reference to “we”, “us” and “our” is to ITV International Channels (Asia) Limited. Our registered office address is The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT. Our registered company number 04159213 and also includes our direct and indirect subsidiary companies.
Our parent company ITV Global Entertainment Limited is registered on the Data Protection Public Register. Our Data Protection Registration Number is Z2708367. To find out more information about the Data Protection Register, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website here www.ico.gov.uk.
What does this policy cover?
This policy discloses the privacy practices of ITV International Channels (Asia) Limited (together referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “Company”) in relation to the Website.
What information do we collect?
In order to better provide your user experience of our Website, we collect two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non Personally Identifiable Information. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customised experience when using our site.
1. Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are and what you are about. When you engage in certain activities on this Website, such as registering, filling out a survey, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself such as name, address, telephone number, email address. Engaging in these activities is entirely at your discretion. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide such as name, address, telephone number, email address. Engaging in these activities is entirely at your discretion. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we may ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Website in several ways. This information is compiled and analysed on both an individual and an aggregate basis. This information may include the Website’s Uniform Resource Located (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Controlled Protocol.
Cookies and similar devices
How will we use your information?
Your information may be used by us and our authorised third parties to:
• monitor, develop and improve the Website and/or your experience.
• process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
• to contact you with service messages, where you have registered with your details (if applicable);
Where and only where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we will:
• send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you; and
• pass your details to selected third parties so that they may send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about products or services that may be of interest to you.
To stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the ‘unsubscribe’, ‘stop’ or similar facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address set out in ‘Contact Details’ below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
To opt-out of receiving any such communications from a third party, you will need to contact the applicable third party. Please note that we are not responsible for the communications or the content of any communications you receive from any such third party.
What about third parties?
We may pass information about you to other parties as follows:
• to third parties authorised by us such as our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents to provide services relating to the Website now or in the future;
• if applicable where relevant, the user name and some profile information you voluntarily provide will be published on areas of the Website such as forums, chat rooms or pages where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas. Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available;
• where we have your consent to do so, for marketing communications (see section on “Marketing Communications” above);
• as part of general statistical information about the Website user base, traffic volumes and related matters. These details will not include information personally identifying you;
• if there are changes to our business (see section below on “Changes to our business”).
Please note this policy does not cover companies, services or applications that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage including without limitation third party websites or applications/widgets (e.g. from “social media” platforms such as Facebook or Twitter) which we link to the website, nor does it cover advertisers. Also, it does not cover certain pages and services which are hosted, managed and operated by other parties. These services, applications and third parties may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use, which we recommend you read before using any such services. These third parties and services are wholly independent of us and are solely responsible for all aspects of any transaction you may make using such services.
Service providers based outside the United Kingdom
We use certain third party companies to perform some functions on our behalf (for example t analysing data that is collected from the Website). These third parties are only allowed access to your information needed to perform these functions. They are not allowed to use it for any other purpose.
Changes to our business
If we decide to change or re-organise the structure of our business, we may need to pass your personal information to one of our group companies so that we can continue to effectively deliver you access to the Website.
Also, if we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our or our group companies’ assets, user information (including the personal information collected from you through your use of the Website), may be included in the assets which are transferred to the new owner.
What about security?
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information.
Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available. It is important that you are aware that any of your information to another user may then be disclosed by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Website.
Amending your information
Where you register your details for on the Website and open a user account that you can then use to access and log on to use those website, you may change or update your user name and password or other details at any time via your account. If you wish to amend your details then please contact us (see “Contact Us” section below). You must make sure that you update your details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at email@example.com